Friday, June 29, 2012

Colorblocked


It has been dangerously hot this past week. Today got up to 114 degrees! That is insane. Then again, Florida is not any better in the heat area, so maybe I shouldn't be complaining. The scorching sun has definitely discouraged me from doing much interesting layering, and for that I apologize. (My baked potato of a body, however, will not.) I may have to bore you with a simple outfit, but I do try to keep it fun. For example, everything I'm wearing in this outfit is brand new, something I rarely do. I had a list of "necessary items" that I determined not to sway from on my next shopping excursion. Having a set mind when I go to buy clothes has never worked out very well for me; whenever I'm looking for something in particular, I have no luck. But when I go with no expectations, I uncover the best finds. Surprisingly, I managed to purchase most of my goals this time! One of my quests was to buy solid colored clothing, something my closet painfully lacked. These two items are part of my new loot that fall into the catagory. I have a soft spot for shirts like this with a neck tie or some unique detail, and the coral-peach color is marvelous. Not to mention the light material is appropriate for this five million degree weather...


Erin and I discovered just how popular these types of shirts currently are. The sheer fabric is so big right now, it was difficult to find tops that weren't made out of it. And the style of these sleeveless shirts has completely overtaken stores. I found tons of shirts that I adored, but they were oh so similar to each other.




These murals are located under a bridge in the park. I think little kids painted them or something... either way, it's rather cool. I've had this wall in mind to use for pictures for a while now, and I figured it'd work swimmingly with the bold-colored theme. As I mentioned earlier, I've needed to add solid colored pieces to my collection. This notion struck me one day when I noticed that nearly all of my shirts have printed designs. I can't help it that I'm drawn to busy patterns and lacey details! Trading in the florals for this pop-of-color ensemble is refreshing for a change, even for me. It highlights my retro side. Not my most retro, by far, but it's a good introduction.
 
Top: A'GACI, skirt: Forever 21,
shoes/nail polish: Target

 










 

























While spending the last of my summer here in Manchester, I've formulated a list (I like lists, shush) of some things I've always needed to experience that are significant to the town. On this particular day, Erin and I decided to cross off an item by going to lunch at a local burger joint called Jiffy Burger. I have eaten a sandwich or two from this place, but never what they are most known for: their hamburgers. So I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, all the toppings (obviously).When it was brought to me, I first took notice of how big it was and how difficult it would be to eat. I was quickly overwhelmed by the delicious smell, and my initial reservation was no longer a dilemma. My conclusion on the matter? It was very good and definitely worth the messy hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment