Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Display dangling earrings and necklaces

Frame Jewelry Organizer

Most of my jewelry are long pieces, making it difficult to find a jewelry box/tree tall enough to hold my necklaces that works for my earrings as well. Taking matters into my own hands, I hit up Pinterest for some ideas.
  • Frame
  • Paint
  • Lace strips
  • Hot glue gun
I discovered this vintage wood frame in the attic, and (after clearing it with dad and finding no significant value) painted it with two coats of pink craft paint. Painting it a different color is obviously optional, it was
 just my choice in the matter. Next, pin the strips of lace into the crease on the
inside of the frame, the indention where the frame's glass would settle.
 

Now, when pinning the lace, I cannot stress this enough: PULL AS TIGHTLY AS POSSIBLE. The lace really needs to be as stiff and have as much tension as you can make it, because I promise you the weight of jewelry will pull it down. So, eliminate slack. Once everything is where it should be, bring on the glue. Apply generously, but in layers. Too much hot glue at once just becomes a goopy mess. Allow the areas to dry, and repeat for each section of lace.

All that's left is to adorn your new organizer with jewelry and show off how crafty and cute you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment