Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dotted Half Note

Where has September gone?? It's nearly October. Time slips away so quickly.
I've been doing a lot of reflecting on life lately. There's been many changes and eye-opening experiences in a short span of time. I guess I'll just get straight to the point: music is my true passion; I've never wanted to excel in something as much as I do in it. The downside? It gets overwhelming. I know I'm nowhere near as advanced as the talented musicians I share classes with, and I am constantly pushing myself just to stay on what I feel is the same level as them. Though I absolutely love learning all about theory and whatnot, it begins to wear on me. It's worn on me to the point where I've been doubting my ability/decisions. I am my own worst critic: I know I'm not awful, but I know I'm far from anything spectacular. When I was feeling my most hopeless, Dr. Bassett (my voice teacher) somehow knew exactly what I needed to hear. Without going into too much detail, I can tell you that he revitalized me spirits. He shocked me with his words, dusted me off and stood me back up on my feet again... then [gently] shoved me in the direction I know I want to continue in. I can't express how much I already appreciate him and the vast amount of knowledge he's imparting.



 I felt very whimsical wearing this outfit. It has a lot of youthful personality, mixed with just enough classy sophistication. Out of all the colors in my wardrobe, black is one of the least used (which is in complete contrast to Erin's style choice). However, I felt it made the white polka dots pop that much more. I experimented with the layering of two tops, and I was very pleased with the end result! Of course, I can't help that I love neck-tie shirts so much.


Blouse (under): A'GACI, skirt: Gap
top, shoes, earrings: Forever 21,
tights: JcPenny
One of the unique things about Florida College is the number of rooms/corridors you will find. Featured in these pictures is the historic Sutton lobby,.. but I'm going to save the explanation of the FC campus for a different time. I'm keeping this entry short and sweet. (Like me!)


1 comment:

  1. You're totes presh forevs. :) [That's how the music department at Bryan spoke last year...] Anywho, I find your title choice interesting. And because I'm also in theory, all I can think is that it is the equivalent of three quarter notes... And Key signatures invade my every thought. You've got talent, Sis, keep truckin'. :)

    ReplyDelete